Burdened by Homework? Let us write your essays and assignments Order This NowInstructions:
Start this assignment with an introduction about your research topic and why it is of interest and a research “puzzle” (2 pages). You want to guide your reader from your research area to your research topic, then on to your specific research question. Note: This will be the first publish of your introduction of the Week 8 paper, so be sure to write it in an academic voice (avoid first person and contractions).
While there are many ways to frame a research question, your research questions should be 1) open-ended and start with “How,” “Why,” “What,” or “To what extent;” 2) should incorporate the variables you seek to assess and their relationship; and 3) should indicate how you intend to test the nature of that relationship. You want to make sure that your question has an appropriate amount of complexity so that it requires a significant amount of research and analysis. A simple Google search should not be able to answer your research question.
Pull out the dependent (DV) and independent variable(s) (IV) that you are interested in looking at. This needs to be specific and you need to discuss ideas for how you might go about measuring the impact that the IV as on the DV. You need to focus in on one or two specific variables, otherwise your research will quickly spin out of control as you will not have the capacity to effectively address the relationship between all the variables.
From here develop a hypothesis that reflects your educated guess as to the relationship between those variables. You may use an “if” “then” statement or you may formulate it as a narrative statement.
Hypothesis: A statement for how a change or condition in one or more independent variables cause(s) a change or condition in a dependent variable.
To recap what is needed in your submission for this assignment:
* Introduction to the overall paper due in week 8
* Research Question
* Dependent (DV) and Independent Variables (IV)
* Your paper must be at a minimum of 1-2 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
* Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
* Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
* Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
* Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
* The Economic Implications of Cyber Attacks on Critical Infrastructure
* Terrorism and Police Readiness
* Preparation and Planning for Public Sporting Events
* Human Trafficking
* Domestic Terrorism in the U.S.
* State and Local Biological Preparedness
* National Security, Crime, and Taxes
* Consequences of an Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants
* Public Safety Consequences related to an in Port Explosion of a Liquefied Natural Gas Tanker
* Social Media and the Government
* Conventional Prompt Global Strike
* Drawdowns in the Military: More than Just Numbers
* Airport Screening and Behavior Profiling
* The Impact of the U.S. Military on Border Security
* Failure of the Secure Freight Initiative
* The Mind-Set of a Terrorist: Literacy as a deterrent
* The Terror Threat from the Northern Border
* Local Homeland Security: Study of Inoperability at Port of Tacoma
* Expediting Large-Scale Evacuations from Major Cities
* Terrorism and Social Unrest: Is there a potentially deadly correlation?
* Increasing Natural Disaster Preparedness and Awareness among Americans
* Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and the Psychological Development of a Terrorist
* Protecting America’s Rail System
* BART: Vulnerability and the Impact of Closure
Burdened by Homework? Let us write your essays and assignments Order This Now